Your new denture can feel strange, even if you have damaged dentures before. This is normal and occurs because your mouth takes time to adapt. While you are eating with your new denture you can start with soft foods. Take small bites and chew gradually. If you have normal teeth, try to bite with them slightly than the artificial ones. If feasible, chew on both sides at the same time.
Our skilled dental team is dedicated to providing comfortable and effective denture solutions in Sydney to restore your confidence and enhance your smile. Schedule a consultation with us today and let us help you find the best option to suit your unique needs.
Contact us if you have any more questions!
Caring for your dentures and your mouth
It is significant to look after your dentures to keep your mouth healthy. Always you have yo clean your dentures in the morning and evening. You may also like to rinse them in cold water after supper.
Guidelines for cleaning your dentures:
- Try to take the denture out of your mouth.
- Use a denture brush with mild soap and water, or denture paste. Toothpaste is not suggested because it can scrape the dentures.
- Don’t forget to gently brush any parts of your mouth that are usually covered by the dentures with a soft toothbrush. This includes your gums and the roof of your mouth.
- Clean remaining natural teeth when you eliminate your dentures. You can use a brush with a small head and soft bristles.
- It is very important to take your dentures out before you go to bed. Leaving your dentures out overnight gives your mouth a chance to rest and recover. It also helps to avoid fungal infections.
- Hold the denture mildly but definitely. Do not hold the lower dentures at the ends as the pressure might cause them to snap.
- After cleaning, dentures can either be kept in a cup of fresh cold water or a clean dry container. Rinse dentures under fresh cold water before putting them in again.
Are you ready to restore your smile with comfortable and effective dentures in Sydney? Contact our experienced dental team today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards a happier, healthier you.
Better Smiles Bondi Junction is a reliable family dental clinic in Waverley St, Bondi Junction that provides exceptional oral health care.cosmetic, general, and emergency dental services will help enhance the aesthetic appearance and functionality of your teeth. For more information on our clinic, contact us today or call us on (02) 9387 1032.
Book Your Appointment at Better Smiles
The friendly professionals at Better Smiles specialise in affordable, expert dentistry - with brilliant results.